So, after a long and tedious silence, I hereby offer the long-awaited answers to my own 'odd questions' posed to you, dear readers, a couple of posts ago:
JOSH'S ODD QUESTIONS:
1) If you could pick any super power, what would it be and why?
The one from the show "Heroes" where the person has to just see someone doing something once to know how to do it perfectly themselves. Think Karate. Construction. Grinding the perfect knife blade. Think perfect sermonizing. Oh sweet mamma.
2) Name the funniest book title you've ever seen?
"The Unpublished Letters of Horace Wallpole" (???)
3) "You know you're a hunter when..."
You wish you could "borrow" one of these for a portable tree stand.................>
4) If Bill wasn't a Pastor, he'd be a...
rock star? (Hey, he's my boss...)
5) If someone put a gun to your head and ordered you to pick a cheese to put on the perfect steak, what kind of cheese would you choose?
This is a ridiculous question. I'm trying to remember why I asked this...
6) If we were all issued another economic stimulus check, what would you spend yours on and why?
Weapons. Or weapon "accessories." (Give peace a chance... but have a "plan B.")
7) If you were going to ask a probing, witty question of your fellow blogger, what would it be?
These are some probing questions to ask those who stand on the theory of Darwinian Evolution as the basis for understanding the world, and yet dare to claim authority in the realm of ethics...(and were stolen from my Dad's new book, "The Truest Mercy") ~ "How does helping the weak survive advance the process of Natural Selection? How does mercy help Man evolve into a higher, more intelligent and stronger species? Aren’t these humanitarians impeding human progress?" (Sorry for the serious turn)
8) If you could have picked your own name, what would you have called yourself?
'Scott.' It's a long story. Okay, okay - when I was little, my brother and I had make-believe alter-egos who traveled the world on Indiana Jones -type adventures. He was called "John," and I was called "Scott." Good memories.
NEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU ("BLOGGERS CHOICE")!
1) If someone was to make a movie of your life, what actor/actress would you want to play you?
2) Do you do this blog on company time?
3) If you had to have a tattoo what would you pick & why?
4) Do you find yourself unconsciously making your own mental soundtracks to your life ever, like a song comes to mind at a certain moment that has a strange appopriateness for your situation, much like in a movie when there is background music?
5) If you could choose your top 3 spiritual gifts what would they be?
6) If you were to pick the inscription on your own headstone, what would it read?
7) How does helping the weak survive advance the process of Natural Selection? How does mercy help Man evolve into a higher, more intelligent and stronger species? Aren’t these humanitarians impeding human progress?"
A special thanks, once again, to all who contributed these new "probing questions" -- I look forward to reading your responses and those of the additional 'new arrivals' to the outpost-it community!
Surrounded By Grace,