FINDING HUMOR, FAITH & JOY IN UNEXPECTED PLACES

FINALLY STARTING THAT BOOK...

After wondering where to begin for about five years, and after enough prodding to qualify me as a harassed cow in dire need of a P.E.T.A. intervention, I think I've found my start. I'm talking, of course, about the book I've always wanted to write. Yeah, one of those. I'm sure you understand. Now I just need you to feign interest too.

With that, here is a rough draft portion of Chap. 1. Enjoy.

THE LIMESTONE STAIR
The staircase was green with age, limestone and mortar encrusted with moss, ancient steps, dropping down into the mouth of a dark jungle. Two boys, standing motionless atop a natural threshold of wild grass, looked intently at the place where the steps disappeared into the trees. After a long pause they glanced at each other, almost simultaneously. One of the boys nodded his head. A decision had been made in the silence, a pact of quiet courage. Without the need for further discussion, they turned back to the discovery before them and began their descent into a graduating gloom...

For the rest of the sneak peak, check out my writing blog here.

Thanks!
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good news! You don't need to be a registered user to leave a comment on this blog. You can even post anonymously, though I wish you wouldn't. I look forward to your feedback!

*Grace induces faith & Grace is obligated to faith ~ 
WE ARE SURROUNDED BY GRACE!