When people ask me how I fit in as a "campus pastor" in Weaverville to what goes on at Neighborhood church in Redding (a.k.a "The Mother Ship"), I now tell them I am to Bill what Tim "The Tool-man-Taylor" was to Wilson on the once popular TV show "Home Improvement." I take the bewilderingly brilliant truths I hear 'on the other side of the fence,' and I repeat them in Weaverville... with a 'twist' all my own.
Which is why I'm going to copy another one of Bill's brilliant ideas from his blog and post a list of questions I'm hoping you, as my closet blog reader, will risk exposure for by responding to (in case you read Bill's list of questions, that is not an allusion to question #8)... TRANSLATION: If you follow this blog but selfishly (read 'wisely') refrain from commenting on the posts, this is your chance for worldwide self-disclosure. Also, like Bill, I'll share my own answers to the following questions after I've given you a chance to respond. Kindly number your answers to correspond and be 'reasonably' brief. Are you ready?
JOSH'S ODD QUESTIONS:
1) If you could pick any super power (think "Heroes" if you're a TV watcher), what would it be and why?
2) Name the funniest book title you've ever seen (NOTE: Please do not name the most inappropriate book title you've ever seen... that's too easy).
3) OPTIONAL: Help me add to my sidebar list: "You know you're a hunter when..."
4) If Bill wasn't a Pastor, he'd be a...
5) If someone put a gun to your head and ordered you to pick a cheese to put on the perfect steak, what kind of cheese would you choose? Seriously.
6) If we were all issued another economic stimulus check, what would you spend yours on and why (Saving the money in any way is not a valid answer because it... invalidates the purpose of an 'economic stimulus' check. Got it?)?
7) If you were going to ask a probing, witty question of your fellow blogger, what would it be? I'll post the best of those (or all of them, depending how underwhelming the response is) in a subsequent entry.
8) If you could have picked your own name, what would you have called yourself? Go crazy.
I'll be checking your answers to cheer myself up at key low points in my day, so don't let me down -- and have fun!
Surrounded By Grace,